In late August I booked flights to Croatia with twelve days notice before this trip with my friend Cynthia. I'm not usually one for spontaneous plans, but after not taking any time off all summer, I was itching to get away to someplace new. Croatia had everything I wanted from a European vacation: ancient and medieval buildings, rich history, Mediterranean flavors, and seaside views. And before I even had time to process my upcoming trip, I was off for a week on the Dalmatian coast where I traveled to Split, Dubrovnik, and back to Split again for my flight back to New York.
I've been trying to shoot more on my SLR lately after only packing point-and-shoots on my last few trips, and I got lucky that I was able to find a lab in Split that did an incredible job with developing and scanning my rolls in just one hour. This trip inspired me to shoot more than I have in years, and for the first time maybe ever, I ran out of fresh film several days early. I don't think I was adequately prepared for how stunning the views would be in the late summer sun, but I hope I was able to capture what it was like to turn a corner and see golden light spilling through narrow alleyways or views from high vantage points and share what it was like for you here.
xoxo, vivian










































No comments:
Post a Comment