Wednesday, July 3, 2013

coney island queen











Around this time last year, I was in Spokane, Washington for debate camp and as a treat for all our hard work doing research and practice drills, we were taken to the Silverwood theme park in Idaho. Even though I'd been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld before, I hadn't been to an amusement park in seven years, and this time, I was ready to actually take on the roller coasters after being too scared to go on them when I was little.

So as a warm up, my friend and I decided to go on the Sky Diver. It looked pretty harmless: kind of like a Ferris Wheel, but apparently it spins instead of staying stationary. But after we buckled ourselves in and moved up a little ways so the people in line behind us could board their car, we realized the problem: neither of us had enough upper body strength to steer our car so we ended up upside-down the entire ride through. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this kind of thrill, because I was completely shaken after whirling around upside-down for five or six rotations...

...so you can probably guess that I didn't end up fulfilling my goal of conquering my roller coaster fear.

Nonetheless, I still had a lot of fun. And after that traumatic experience, I ate four scoops of ice cream (two huckleberry, two espresso chocolate) and a caramel apple, because my philosophy is that there's never a good reason to pass up good food. (This is the real reason you don't take me to amusement parks: I'll just spend the entire time eating instead of going on rides!) I'm about 98% sure that if I were to go to Coney Island, I would just hang out by that place with the ice cream and candy apples and popcorn...ugh I really want carnival food now.

Anyways, happy (early) Independence Day to all you Americans, and let me know: what's your favorite thing to do at an amusement park?

xoxo, vivian

Images from this post were taken from: Deno's Wonder Wheel by Elizabeth Weinberg; Liu Wen for Rag & Bone DIY campaign; "Coney Island Girl" by Branislav Simoncik for Elle Czech December 2012; "Luna Park" by Liz Ham

13 comments:

  1. Such a cool theme park!!
    love all the pictures here<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, wish I could fit into all these clothes! Awesome sharing, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inspiration pics, I always see Coney Island in movies, would love to visit.Thanks for taking the time to stop by sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE amusement parks because I love the thrill and the adrenaline/dopamine rush! I love theme parks mostly, but any park that carries dangerous rides of the roller coaster variety wins in my books. I just went to one yesterday. Anyway, these images are so gorgeous. I've saved some of them because the styling is awesome, thanks for sharing.

    P.s. do you have a fb page where we can follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you very much for visiting me, would you like to follow each other? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love those pictures. Want to go to the fair now. :*
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog, and my goodness, you have loads of inspiration here! love the photos you have shared, so now i'm following you:) hope you can do the same as well!

    Ginger @ Chic by Night
    chicbynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love all the pictures.. where did you get the picture??? Btw first time visiting your blog and have follow ur blog!..do visit and follow me too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely inspiration ;p
    I always love the food in amusement parks too, guess you're not the only one!
    I'm following you on bloglovin now!

    Love, Liese
    Cats & Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing photos!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete